[llvm-dev] [RFC] High-Level Code-Review Documentation Update

Fāng-ruì Sòng via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 20 21:58:26 PST 2019

+1 to Hal's wording, and Philip's ("A couple of additional things: ...")
and James' suggestions ("If multiple reviewers have been actively reviewing
the patch, ...")

"How to find appropriate reviewers" should probably also be mentioned.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 2:23 PM David Blaikie via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 2:06 PM David Greene via llvm-dev <
> llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
>> Nicolai Hähnle via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> writes:
>>
>> > Of course, this is usually not an issue in LLVM today because we're so
>> > bad at reviewing code in general :) If you've waited on a review for a
>> > month and pinged people several times, then by all means feel free to
>> > commit immediately after getting a LGTM.
>>
>> I feel like something should be spelled out about what to do if no
>> pinging once a week for a month or more.  What is the author supposed to
>> do?
>>

> Basically that - but yeah, it should be written down & maybe an SLA of
> some kind of "hey, at least reply to someone and acknowledge it's
> there/explain why review is slow, etc" - but you can also escalate to some
> extent, by trying other reviewers, looking for broader code owners if there
> are any, etc.
>

>>                         -David

宋方睿