[llvm-dev] [RFC] High-Level Code-Review Documentation Update

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 20 14:15:15 PST 2019

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 2:06 PM David Greene via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Nicolai Hähnle via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> writes:
>
> > Of course, this is usually not an issue in LLVM today because we're so
> > bad at reviewing code in general :) If you've waited on a review for a
> > month and pinged people several times, then by all means feel free to
> > commit immediately after getting a LGTM.
>
> I feel like something should be spelled out about what to do if no
> pinging once a week for a month or more.  What is the author supposed to
> do?

Basically that - but yeah, it should be written down & maybe an SLA of some
kind of "hey, at least reply to someone and acknowledge it's there/explain
why review is slow, etc" - but you can also escalate to some extent, by
trying other reviewers, looking for broader code owners if there are any,
etc.