[llvm-dev] llvm-mc & Microsoft's MASM

Eric Astor via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 20 13:58:29 PST 2019

Agreed, I won't plan to change syntax for anything that hasn't opted in.

However... Am I mistaken in thinking clang-cl (for example) is just clang
with a different name, which triggers some variant behaviors including
parsing cl.exe-style command lines and taking certain flags as implicit?

I was hoping to build llvm-ml similarly, by building the features into
llvm-mc behind target selection and/or flags, then providing a different
driver for implicit ml.exe compatibility.

(Also, are there guidelines for writing an RFC that people will bother
with, or should I just try not to make it TOO long?)