[llvm-dev] Status of the New Pass Manager

Bardia Mahjour via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 27 07:59:13 PDT 2019

Hi all,

When writing new passes we currently have two pass manager interfaces to
consider. In many cases we resort to implementing both interfaces because
the NPM is not enabled by default while we want our pass to be enabled by
default.

It is my understanding that the new pass manager interface is going to
replace the old one soon. However, it is not clear to me if anyone is
actively working on it and if so what is the timeline. Does anyone have
more information about that?

I was also wondering if any of the buildbots test with the NPM pipeline?

Regards,

Bardia Mahjour
Compiler Optimizations
IBM Toronto Software Lab