[llvm-dev] LLVM Kaleidoscope : Compiling to Object Code - Segmentation Fault

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 24 12:17:36 PST 2019

Hi there!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the examples & thanks for reaching
out.

I'm having some difficulty reproducing the failure mode you described. From
the code sample, it sounds like you're in Chapter 8 and I just took a look
at Chapter 8 in my debug build and got this result:

$ ./bin/Kaleidoscope-Ch8
ready> def average(x y) (x + y) * 0.5;
Read function definition:
define double @average(double %x, double %y) {
entry:
  %y2 = alloca double
  %x1 = alloca double
  store double %x, double* %x1
  store double %y, double* %y2
  %x3 = load double, double* %x1
  %y4 = load double, double* %y2
  %addtmp = fadd double %x3, %y4
  %multmp = fmul double %addtmp, 5.000000e-01
  ret double %multmp
}

Any  ideas what you might be doing differently that I could do to try to
reproduce the failure you're seeing?