[llvm-dev] Question regarding ARM ADDri instruction

Boekle, Yannick via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 21 07:03:01 PST 2019

Hi all,

I noticed that for the ARM instruction "ADDri" (which I assume to be "add register immediate") the 3rd operand which should intuitively have operand type MCOI::OPERAND_IMMEDIATE actually has MCOI::OPERAND_UNKNOWN (you can see this in ARMGenInstrInfo.inc inside the build folder).

I fixed this by adding the line "let OperandType = OPERAND_IMMEDIATE;" in lib/Target/ARM/ARMInstrInfo.td in the definition of mod_imm (line 692).

Is this an actual bug? And if so, what could be a proper fix? I'm not familiar with the intricacies of the ARM tablegen structure.

I'm working on

https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm

branch: release_80

commit: 8779077dde876ddfb6dfbe7f1da338f820a8fa13

Regards,

Yannick