[llvm-dev] [RFC] Renaming f18....

David Greene via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 30 07:33:09 PDT 2019

"fortran" seems far too generic to me.  What distinguishes it from a
different Fortran compiler?

What about "flange" (Fortran language environment)?  It's distinct from
the already-in-use-by-two-projects "flang" yet fits in with the existing
"clang" naming scheme.  Plus it captures the fact that the Fortran
runtime is a rather large piece of work.

                          -David