[llvm-dev] [RFC] Renaming f18....

Troy Johnson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 30 07:54:17 PDT 2019

Yeah, I agree.  What's wrong with flang?  My guess is that you're trying to avoid confusion with the older flang project, but I think that's impossible.  :)  You could call it anything and you're still going to get messages on the new list asking about the old thing, people replying saying that it's the wrong list, etc.  But eventually the older one will go away and "flang-dev at lists.llvm.org" won't be ambiguous anymore.

-Troy