[llvm-dev] OPT error in optimizing the steps for the machine format.

lucas arsego via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 2 13:47:18 PDT 2018

Hi, I'm doing the optimization of each of the steps manually, with the opt
command, but when I get to the machine optimization steps, an error occurs
and for the optimization sequence, some flag will be missing for this step
of optimizing the steps of machine??
The command executed by me is: "opt -mtriple = x86_64-unknown-linux -march
= x86 -mcpu = core-avx2 -mem2reg -targetpassconfig -S codes /
test_-assumption-cache-tracker_263.ll -o codes / test_-
targetpassconfig_264.ll "

And the error generated is: "LLVM ERROR: Trying to construct
TargetPassConfig without a target machine. Scheduling a CodeGen pass
without a target triple set?"

Is there any command to continue optimizing machine steps?

Thank you.