[llvm-dev] RFC: Dealing with out of tree changes and the LLVM git monorepo

Bruce Hoult via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 15 16:35:40 PST 2018

Yes, I'd expect only a tiny fraction of commits to change the interface
between say, clang and llvm in an incompatible way, but where they do it's
essential to get both sides at the same time if you want to to have every
commit buildable for things such as bisection or incremental rebasing (as I
think you do).