[llvm-dev] Using C++14 code in LLVM

Bruce Hoult via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 10 17:37:21 PDT 2018

I personally don't have any problem with it if I can use the platform
compiler to build the compiler I use to build the LLVM I'm working on.

I don't need to use the platform compiler directly, and in fact I use the
above process *anyway* because I work on several different machines with
different OS versions and installed gccs, so I always build myself a local
copy of the exact same version of the gnu toolchain and libraries
everywhere and then use that to build LLVM. Although the resulting gnu
binaries are different on different machines this ensures the LLVM ones are
the same (or near enough) everywhere.