[llvm-dev] Canonical way to handle zero registers?

Daniel Sanders via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 2 08:28:47 PST 2018

Hi Sean,

Just to give the GlobalISel perspective on this, GlobalISel supports the declaration of a zero register in the register class like so:
	def GPR32z : RegisterOperand<GPR32> {
	  let GIZeroRegister = WZR;
	}
With that definition, the tablegen-erated ISel code will try to replace will try to replace 'G_CONSTANT s32 0' with WZR whenever the operand is specified as GPR32z.