[llvm-dev] [RFC] Upstreaming PACXX (Programing Accelerators with C++)

Ronan KERYELL via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 5 12:40:20 PST 2018

    Michael> HI LLVM comunity, after 3 years of development, various
    Michael> talks on LLVM-HPC and EuroLLVM and other scientific
    Michael> conferences I want to present my PhD research topic to the
    Michael> lists.

[...]

    Michael> Recently, I open sourced PACXX on github [3] under the same
    Michael> license LLVM is currently using.

Amazing! :-)

    Michael>   Since my PhD is now in its final stage I wanted to ask if
    Michael> there is interest in having such an SPMD programming model
    Michael> upstreamed.

There is probably a lot of things in your code that could be useful for
a lot of other projects related to heterogeneous computing.

It would be nice to have some common support upstreamed for all these
heterogeneous C++ languages (CUDA/OpenMP/OpenACC/OpenCL C++/SYCL/C++AMP/HCC/...)
to ease their implementation or up-streaming.
For now only CUDA & OpenMP are up-streamed I think.
Of course it is not obvious with all these heterogeneous dialects coming
with some subtle syntax, feature and semantics differences...

Are you relying on some of the up-streamed CUDA/OpenMP code for your implementation?

Thanks for your work.
--
  Ronan KERYELL