[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Error: ISO C++17 does not allow 'register' storage class specifier [-Wregister], when building Boost 1.69.0

Matthieu Brucher via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 25 01:56:17 PST 2018

The issue comes in part form the Python headers that have the keyword.
Unfortunately, this also means that there is an issue while building user
code. But it's not a Boost code issue for this library, but a Python one.

Regards,

Matthieu

Le mar. 25 déc. 2018 à 02:08, Oleg Smolsky via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> a écrit :

> Yes, this keyword is no longer valid starting from C++17:
>     https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/keyword/register
>
> I realize that the "why" probably doesn't help you move forth with your
> problem, so here are a couple suggestions how to get over it:
>
>    - Build Boost in C++14 mode with -std=c++14
>    - Cut out "register" from the Boost source and rebuild
>    - Try a newer Boost version, it may have been fixed
>
> Oleg.
> On 2018-12-23 09:26, Craig Topper via cfe-dev wrote:
>
> This seems a better question for cfe-dev or cfe-users
>
> ~Craig
>

> On Sat, Dec 22, 2018 at 12:23 PM Osman Zakir via llvm-dev <
> llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
>> When trying to build Boost using LLVM, I had this error:
>> "
>> error: ISO C++17 does not allow 'register' storage class specifier
>> [-Wregister]
>> "
>> I attached the project-config.jam file I used to this message.  Someone
>> please help me out (if there's someone on here who can).

Quantitative analyst, Ph.D.
Blog: http://blog.audio-tk.com/