[llvm-dev] Debugging LLVM IR - Reviving the DebugIR pass

Siddharth Bhat via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 20 02:32:11 PST 2017

Hello all,

I recently felt the need to have debug info at the LLVM IR level (because
my frontend's semantics vastly differ from IR that it doesn't make much
sense to use it). Asm can sometimes be too "low level", so it's nice to
have the ability to single-step at the IR level.

The pass that used to do this (-debugir) bitrotted and was removed from
tree. I spent the weekend bringing it back: https://reviews.llvm.org/D40207

I'd love to have some help with reviews and tests I should write for this,
because I don't understand the debug info side of LLVM very well.

Also, is there a protocol to have a review be put on the "review corner"?
I'd be glad if this patch could be listed there :)

Thanks,
~Siddharth.
--
Sending this from my phone, please excuse any typos!