[llvm-dev] PSA: Parallel STL algorithms available in LLVM

Bryce Lelbach via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 17 07:24:37 PDT 2017

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 9:19 AM, Zachary Turner <zturner at google.com> wrote:
> Even without a concrete use case, I agree that it's absolutely imperative
> for the standard to require this of a conforming implementation. It's going
> to be the source of so many problems otherwise

To confirm - what you'd like is clarification in the standard that
recursive parallelism is supported?

I think this is feasible; I'd suggest a non-normative note. I could
write a short committee paper on this (targeting C++20) for the next
meeting.

--
Bryce Adelstein Lelbach aka wash
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory