[llvm-dev] Late proposal for Warn if virtual calls are made from constructors or destructors

Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 4 13:09:26 PDT 2017

Dear Tushar,

Please take look at GSoC documentation available at
https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/resources/manual about
GSoC rules and good luck with GSoC next year.

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 3:21 AM, Tushar Khurana via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Hi, I am Tushar Khurana from India, I applied to LLVM organisation in GSoC
> 2017 for the task for bash autocompletion for Clang.
>
> Here I am applying for one more project "Warn if virtual calls are made from
> constructors or destructors" from the Clang ideas for GSoC 2017. Actually at
> first(when we were supposed to submit our proposals for GSoC 2017), I
> overlooked this "Warn if virtual calls are made from constructors or
> destructors" project idea and scrolled past it, but a few days back when I
> was by chance looking at the project ideas page for Clang for GSoC 2017, I
> saw this idea, and it almost clicked me to how to solve this
> problem(project) and now when I have done my research for 2-3 days, I have
> my solution for this project.
> So, kindly(and please), consider this also as a project of mine for GSoC
> 2017 for Clang. I know it's late and that's also the reason for why the
> proposal attached with this mail is short (This proposal is made at 4 May
> 2017 at 5:30AM IST, just hours before the GSoC result) and I will be obliged
> if you contact me for further details and my approach to solve this
> problem(Warn if virtual calls are made from constructors or destructors) as
> I might be thinking in the right direction for solving this. The main idea
> of solving this is the AST dump of a source code and then checking for
> constructor and destructor declarations, and then traversing the
> corresponding AST of code inside those declarations, and if  a function call
> to a virtual function is found, then note the line number in another
> data-structure.
>
> So, please consider these two project proposals(one already submitted within
> the GSoC submission deadline, and this one).
> PFA
> Thanks
> --
> TUSHAR KHURANA

With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University