[llvm-dev] Late proposal for Warn if virtual calls are made from constructors or destructors

Tushar Khurana via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 3 17:21:35 PDT 2017

Hi, I am Tushar Khurana from India, I applied to LLVM organisation in GSoC
2017 for the task for bash autocompletion for Clang.

Here I am applying for one more project "Warn if virtual calls are made
from constructors or destructors" from the Clang ideas for GSoC 2017.
Actually at first(when we were supposed to submit our proposals for GSoC
2017), I overlooked this "Warn if virtual calls are made from constructors
or destructors" project idea and scrolled past it, but a few days back when
I was by chance looking at the project ideas page for Clang for GSoC 2017,
I saw this idea, and it almost clicked me to how to solve this
problem(project) and now when I have done my research for 2-3 days, I have
my solution for this project.
So, kindly(and please), consider this also as a project of mine for GSoC
2017 for Clang. I know it's late and that's also the reason for why the
proposal attached with this mail is short (This proposal is made at 4 May
2017 at 5:30AM IST, just hours before the GSoC result) and I will be
obliged if you contact me for further details and my approach to solve this
problem(Warn if virtual calls are made from constructors or destructors) as
I might be thinking in the right direction for solving this. The main idea
of solving this is the AST dump of a source code and then checking for
constructor and destructor declarations, and then traversing the
corresponding AST of code inside those declarations, and if  a function
call to a virtual function is found, then note the line number in another
data-structure.

So, please consider these two project proposals(one already submitted
within the GSoC submission deadline, and this one).
PFA
Thanks
--
*TUSHAR KHURANA*