[llvm-dev] Restarting a stalled patch

Hal Finkel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 8 03:24:54 PST 2017

On 03/07/2017 09:16 PM, Frederich Munch via llvm-dev wrote:

> Ughs, I'm not dying to wait months...but if it thats the way it is,
> then its the way it is.
>
> Tends to be so many commits in a day it seemed it was being lost in
> the noise/clique.

In general, we try not to have it take months. Sometimes people go on
vacation or just get really busy for a week or two. Development is
active, but for some components, the number of people really familiar
with them is small.

In my experience, just keep pinging, and either the person reviewing
will get back to you, or we can find someone else to pick it up. Finding
the code owner, if there is one, is also a good bet. The job of a code
owner is to be reviewer of last resort (or to find someone) - see the
CODE_OWNERS.TXT file.

> I did try to add some notes to the bug tracker, but new logins are
> disabled, and the
>
> email to get one never replied...but I guess that's another topic!

I'll follow-up for you.

  -Hal

> Thanks again, definitely alleviated some frustrations.

Hal Finkel
Leadership Computing Facility
Argonne National Laboratory