[llvm-dev] How do I understand LLVM class abstraction better?

Thomas Krüger via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jun 25 00:48:32 PDT 2017

Hi Dipanjan,

I have the same problems, so your are not alone. ;-)
Maybe reading this long and helpful discussion could help you:
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2017-May/112730.html

Advices I found out by others:
- Try to use the Clang compiler to convert very tiny C/C++ language
programms into IR code and then try to figure out, how you can generate
this IR code with the IR Builder classes.
- Try to write absolute exact and very, very compact emails to this LLVM
mailing list. Use the keyword "[beginner]" in the email subject, so LLVM
developers see it is a beginner question. If the question is very short,
hopefully its easy to answered with no time of reading the full
description of 30 sentences of the problem. :)

Best regards,
Thomas