[llvm-dev] Separate compilation of CUDA code?

Lorenz Braun via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 19 01:07:31 PDT 2017

Hi Yuanfeng,

i have asked about this a few days ago. [0]
As far as i know there is no such flag available and i did not find any
information whether this feature will be supported. However i would be
very interested on any updates on this feature.

Kind Regards
Lorenz

[0] http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2017-June/113921.html

Am 14.06.17 um 19:18 schrieb Yuanfeng Peng via llvm-dev:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder whether the current version of LLVM supports separate
> compilation and linking of device code, i.e., is there a flag
> analogous to nvcc's --relocatable-device-code flag?  If not, is there
> any plan to support this?
>
> Thanks!
> Yuanfeng Peng

Lorenz Braun
Research Associate
Institute of Computer Engineering (ZITI)
B6, 26, Building B, Office B2.20
68131 Mannheim

Phone: +49-621-181-2696
lorenz.braun at ziti.uni-heidelberg.de