[llvm-dev] Should we split llvm Support and ADT?

Pete Cooper via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 1 14:15:44 PDT 2017

> On May 31, 2017, at 9:09 PM, Adrian Prantl <aprantl at apple.com> wrote:
>
>>  Dwarf should be in libDebugInfoDWARF.
> I think the reason why it isn't there is because lib/DebugInfo is for *consuming* debug info, but these definitions are useful for both reading and writing DWARF. That is not to say that they couldn't be moved somewhere else of course (but probably not lib/DebugInfo in its current form).
Ah, didn’t know that.  I’m sure a bunch of the others I mentioned also have similar reasons for being where they are.

Ultimately its a judgement call, but i’d say that libDebugInfoDWARF is a less bad place for this file than libSupport.  Not a great reason to move it, but if someone wants to I still wouldn’t personally object.

Cheers,
Pete