[llvm-dev] [SERVER UPDATE] Moving clang, clang-analyzer, libcxxabi, libcxx ... websites to new server

Tanya Lattner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 5 14:26:40 PST 2017

All,

The following websites will be moving to a new web server in the next few days:
clang.llvm.org <http://clang.llvm.org/>
clang-analyzer.llvm.org <http://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/>
compiler-rt.llvm.org <http://compiler-rt.llvm.org/>
dragonegg.llvm.org <http://dragonegg.llvm.org/>
klee.llvm.org <http://klee.llvm.org/>
libclc.llvm.org <http://libclc.llvm.org/>
libcxx.llvm.org <http://libcxx.llvm.org/>
libcxxabi.llvm.org <http://libcxxabi.llvm.org/>
lldb.llvm.org <http://lldb.llvm.org/>
lld.llvm.org <http://lld.llvm.org/>
openmp.llvm.org <http://openmp.llvm.org/>
polly.llvm.org <http://polly.llvm.org/>
vmkit.llvm.org <http://vmkit.llvm.org/>

Please note that llvm.org <http://llvm.org/> proper is NOT moving at this time. Therefore SVN, Bugzilla, ViewVC, and all the llvm.org/* <http://llvm.org/*> webpages will remain on that server. I will be updating on this in a separate email.

How does this impact you?
You may see a very short downtime (< 1 hour) when the switch is made. This is most likely due to the DNS switch. I will notify the list when all websites listed have been moved. Since this does not involve SVN, the downtime is hopefully tolerable.

Are you fixing the SSL problem?
Yes. The new server will have SSL support for all websites and have an updated certificate.

What about the website auto-update?
Currently, the web sites all automatically update via post-commit hook for SVN. We have temporarily set up an alternative method and websites will update every 30 minutes.

What about website documentation generation?
There are 3 scripts that generate documentation on the web server. For doxygen, it will continue to update daily. For sphinx documentation, it will update every hour instead of immediately after a commit.

In order to increase visibility into the server, these scripts have been enhanced to now email a list to indicate success or failure. You can either subscribe to the list or check the archives if you have concerns about documentation not being updated:

Why are you doing this?
We want to increase the reliability, stability, and speed of the LLVN services. The current machine is outdated and is not set up for our current needs.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you,
Tanya