[llvm-dev] Redirecting file to stdin for bugpoint

Hongbin Zheng via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 5 14:11:01 PST 2017

Hi all,

According to bugpoint's document[1], I should be able to use the "-input"
option to redirect a file to the stdin for the bitcode that is under debug.

However when I try it with sqlite3:

bugpoint x.bc -mem2reg  -llc-safe –input commands  --args -init sqlite3rc
:memory:

I got:

bugpoint: commands:1:1: error: expected top-level entity
.read test1.sql

It looks like that bugpoint is parsing "commands" as llvm bitcode, which is
confusing.

Maybe I am not using this option correctly? Any hint is appreciated.

Thanks
Hongbin

[1]http://llvm.org/docs/CommandGuide/bugpoint.html