[llvm-dev] Getting rid of "%T" expansions

Kuba Mracek via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 8 17:02:02 PDT 2017

Hi llvm-dev,

In <https://reviews.llvm.org/D35396 <https://reviews.llvm.org/D35396>>, several folks agreed that %T is a generally bad idea and should be removed, because it causes randomly flaky tests due to name collisions.  This is a heads-up that I have patches to remove uses of %T throughout LLVM, Clang and compiler-rt ready to commit.  Unless someone objects, I'll land them in a few days.

Kuba