[llvm-dev] Contract openings to work on Clang and LLDB with Embarcadero

David Millington via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 11 07:43:05 PDT 2017

Embarcadero's R&D team is seeking contractors to work on Clang and LLDB
primarily, as well as LLVM.
Embarcadero makes C++Builder, a C++ IDE and compiler for several platforms,
which extends Clang with a number of language extensions.  We also make Delphi,
an Object Pascal IDE and language, and the two languages interoperate and are
ABI-compatible across all platforms (currently Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and
very soon Linux), including language extensions to C++.  For example, we support
ARC, packages (dynamic libraries with strong type information, class
registration, etc), much more extensive RTTI than in standardised C++, etc.
You will be working with the internal team to extend Clang, as well as on
platform support. For LLDB, you will be working on adding support for those
language extensions, as well as extending LLDB to better handle frontends for
non-C-based languages (like Delphi.)  Sound interesting?  Great :)
We tend to contract with companies, so are seeking either a company which
provides Clang/LLDB consulting work, or if you're an individual that's fine but
you should have your own LLC or similar.  Work can be in any location worldwide,
apart from the obvious ones that provide problems for US-based companies such as
Iran.  You'll be working with people located in both America and Europe.
Please send all responses to Nick Hodges at nick dot hodges at embarcadero dot
com, including experience and CV.