[llvm-dev] Live interval analysis on LLVM IR (not on Machine instructions)

Alex Susu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat May 21 09:09:12 PDT 2016

   Hello.
     Could you please tell me how can I implement best a live interval analysis on LLVM IR
(not on Machine instructions, which is already available in
http://llvm.org/docs/doxygen/html/LiveIntervalAnalysis_8cpp_source.html)?
     I need to analyze the standard LLVM IR (list of Instruction *) and decide for each
SSA variable what is it's live(ness) interval. My problem is that I don't even know of an
existing general Dataflow analysis algorithm implementation for LLVM IR.

   Thank you,
     Alex