[llvm-dev] Interested in writing for the LLVM blog?

Hans Wennborg via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 17 15:41:45 PDT 2016

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org> wrote:
> On 17 May 2016 at 22:41, Tanya Lattner via llvm-dev
> <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>> If you are interested in volunteering for this position OR if you are
>> interested in writing a blog post, please send me an email.
>
> Why don't we communicate the releases, candidates, problems, and dates
> on the blog, too? Thorough discussions still go on the list, but
> status update could go on the blog, at least one for each RC.
>
> Some people complained we don't communicate as efficiently as we
> should, maybe that could be an official channel to interact with our
> users, not just via the mailing list (which has very high volume).

I was going to reply that I do post the release announcements on the
blog, but now I see I forgot to do that for 3.8 :-/

Last time, I talked about posting to llvm-announce about release
candidates, etc., but never actually followed through as I was
ambivalent about how people would perceive the signal-to-noise ratio.
It's similar for the blog: is info about release candidates valuable
for those not involved enough to read llvm-dev, or would it be
perceived as noise, hiding more important contents? I'm pretty
undecided...