[llvm-dev] [GSoC 2016] Introduction - Polly as an Analysis pass in LLVM

Utpal Bora via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat May 7 07:59:01 PDT 2016

Dear All,

I am glad to be part of GSoC 2016 with LLVM organization. I am a first year
PhD student at IIT Hyderabad, India and my research area is compiler
optimizations using polyhedral model.

My GSoC 2016 project is to implement Polly as an Analysis pass in LLVM [1].
We have a discussion on Polly-dev mailing list [2] on taking a better
approach to implement this project. Based upon this discussion, I am
planning to cover the following items in the first month of this GSoC.

1: Decouple ScopInfo object from pass and create two passes. One region
pass to preserve compatibility with existing Polly transformation passes,
other will be a function pass to be used by PolyhedralInfo pass as
mentioned below.

2: Decouple DependenceInfo object from pass and create two passes. Same as
above.

3: Create the interface PolyhedralInfo, which will extract Memory Access
wise dependence information from Polly and provide few simple interfaces
like isParallel(), isVectorizable(), tripCount(Loop&).

Please feel free to post your comments and suggestions on this.

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QyUzL3OOwJSI91lDqr7VsvqUsFyTY9FlpAwbGSipUtw/edit#
[2] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/polly-dev/DuRxNmKfEnM

Regards,