[llvm-dev] Resuming the discussion of establishing an LLVM code of conduct

Jon Roelofs via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 6 13:04:33 PDT 2016

On Friday, May 6, 2016, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org> wrote:

> On 6 May 2016 at 19:34, David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com <javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> > This isn't just about what we can do today, but about explaining it to
> > people who haven't seen us do it/don't know what the community norms
> are. So
> > that when evaluating which communities they might want to be involved in,
> > they have some confidence that this one might be compatible with their
> > comfort/needs/etc.
>
> The CoC can do that on its own. We were talking specifically about the
> "external media" clause.

I don't know if this has already been answered in the current thread or the
previous discussion of an llvm CoC, but: What is the intended resolution of
an issue like: https://github.com/opal/opal/issues/941 where, IIUC, someone
from the community makes politically incorrect/unpopular statements outside
of the community on so-called "external media" (without attacking or
harassing anyone in particular), but keeps his/her direct interactions with
the community on topic, engineering related, and non-discriminatory?

Jon