[llvm-dev] Resuming the discussion of establishing an LLVM code of conduct

Chandler Carruth via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 5 17:52:18 PDT 2016

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 5:07 PM Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> [...]

I want to be super clear, the foundation is not insisting on anything, nor
can it.

**I** am making this proposal as an active and long time contributor to
LLVM. Many other members of the community have also expressed support for
this on this and previous threads. But our support is given as individual
members of the community and it should be valued as such.

I also want to say very clearly that for me, having a code of conduct that
satisfies certain basic criteria isn't just incredibly important for me,
personally. It is absolutely **essential**. I personally need this. Perhaps
I'm wrong for needing it, and you or others may not understand or agree or
even care. I don't expect any of that. But since I think it helps for folks
to be explicit about the degree to which they care, I wanted to volunteer
to be explicit.

-Chandler