[llvm-dev] LLVM issuse:AArch64 TargetParser

Jojo Ma via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 5 03:11:51 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm a member engineer of linaro's llvm team,coming from Spreadtrum.I am a
new person on LLVM.Now I'm writing a Target Parser for AArch64,so options
parsing of AArch64 about cpu & arch & fpu can be summary to one place.

In the TargetParser,we assume "aarch64" and "arm64" are synonyms of
armv8a(as they are only for armv8a,people usually do this). So after using
AArch64TargetParser in options parsing in Clang,using "-march=aarch64" and
"-march=arm64" are both valid.

I saw Kevin has a different view on this in his submission:r213353.

*+// RUN: %clang -target aarch64 -march=arm64 -### -c %s 2>&1 | FileCheck
-check-prefix=CHECK-ARCH-NOT-ACCEPT %s+// RUN: %clang -target aarch64
-march=aarch64 -### -c %s 2>&1 | FileCheck
-check-prefix=CHECK-ARCH-NOT-ACCEPT %s+// CHECK-ARCH-NOT-ACCEPT: error: the
clang compiler does not support*

So I failed on the regression testing.So I think we should reach a
consensus on this issue.
Would you mind letting me know what you think of this issuse?

Thank you very much!Looking forward to your reply!
I enclose the attachments for your reference.

Best Regards,
Jojo.ma