[llvm-dev] llvm dynamic execution trace

Dean Michael Berris via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 3 21:18:50 PDT 2016

Hi Ammar,

I'm not sure about lli, but recently I sent an RFC for XRay, which does a
combination of compiler-inserted instrumentation points and a runtime
library that will allow for enabling these instrumentation points. Those
could be used to log/trace function calls.

I'm currently working on getting that into LLVM, Clang, and compiler-rt
among other things.

Does that help?

PS. More information in the whitepaper (
https://research.google.com/pubs/pub45287.html) we recently published.