[llvm-dev] Pre-build binary Clang 3.8 for openSuse Leap 42.1?

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Mar 13 03:07:51 PDT 2016

Hi Christoph,

We already have Suse packages done by Brian, I suggest you talk to him
about also releasing a newer binary tarball.

But have in mind that those packages are not strictly official,
they're just a demonstration that it works on those distros. For any
distro (Linux, BSD, etc.), users *must* get the packages from the
official repositories.

So, if what you want is to actually create the official package, I
strongly recommend you to talk to the OpenSuse folks instead.

cheers,
--renato