[llvm-dev] Pre-built snapshots of trunk

Johan Engelen via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 20 02:17:53 PDT 2016

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 10:01 AM, Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> > P.S.: On a similar note, are there any news regarding llvm.org/apt?
> We are working on it. Note, however, that it seems that the majority
> of bogus load seemed to come from CI systems, which pulled apt repo
> for every and each downstream commit without any caching / checking
> whether the mainline changed. We would certainly try to limit such
> behavior if / when new APT mirror will be established.

I believe many projects have now switched to uncached downloads from
llvm.org/releases (Boost.Hana also does this uncached atm.). Caching on
e.g. Travis and CircleCI is not easily available for APT repositories; I
think that's why noone bothered. For simple file downloads it is much
easier, so perhaps a little explaining text can be added to the message on
llvm.org/apt .
Example Travis script with caching:
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/blob/master/.travis.yml

-Johan