[llvm-dev] Switching to git (Windows experience) (was re:[cfe-dev] GitHub anyone?)

Nathan Jeffords via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jun 3 08:04:51 PDT 2016

My experience with git on windows over the last several years has been very
positive. I use TortoiseGIT for the bulk of my tasks. I like the fact that
I can perform most operations directly from the log window. I also use
git-gui (which is part of the base git installation) to do commits on
subsets of changes in a file, or a large number of separate commits in
quick succession. I find that I rarely need to use the command line as
tortoise git covers all the common commands, and a large number of the
uncommon ones. For LLVM I have used the unofficial, and now official git
mirrors for quite some time without issue (though I don't do very much with
it as I am not a regular contributor).