[llvm-dev] Target Acceptance Policy

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 29 04:08:50 PDT 2016

On 29 Jul 2016 12:00 p.m., "Andrey Bokhanko" <andreybokhanko at gmail.com>
wrote:
> ...and this requirement pushes conversion of Lanai back-end to an
official target status to Sep 28th as earliest. Just saying.

> [Personally, I believe that given the level of support, Lanai is already
ready for an official status. But if we codify "must have" rules, they
should be obeyed by everyone, no? Otherwise, we are setting a very
dangerous precedent.]

I'm not hung up on the fixed number of months. I don't even think it's the
best idea, but I was expecting people to give their own ideas... :-)

But saying "as soon as they are ready" may be hard to assess. And writing
it specific for the Lanai back end would not be appropriate.

I'm open to ideas... Please share! :-)

--renato