[llvm-dev] Alias Analysis with inbound GEPs

Demikhovsky, Elena via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 25 07:45:55 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'm checking aliasing of two pointers:

  %GEP1 = getelementptr inbounds %struct.s, %struct.s* %0, i64 0, i32 1, i64 %indvars.iv41, i64 %indvars.iv39
  %GEP2 = getelementptr inbounds %struct.s, %struct.s* %0, i64 0, i32 16

The result I got is "PartialAlias" because the indices of the GEP1 are variable. Shouldn't the "inbounds" keyword mean that the access to sub-array is also in-bounds?
I'm trying to reach "NoAlias" consensus between GEP1 and GEP2.

Thanks.

-        Elena

Intel Israel (74) Limited