[llvm-dev] [RFC] One or many git repositories?

Sanjoy Das via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 21 17:16:18 PDT 2016

Hi Mehdi,

I really like your idea of having a few "projected" git repositories
(i.e. capture all commits that touch llvm/ into llvm.git, all that
touch clang/ to clang.git etc.).  I think it should solve our problem
of llvm-forks-with-downstream changes very nicely (I think we won't
have to do anything, as you said).  I still want to sleep on it to see
if I can spot any issues.

@David Chisnall and others with local forks: can you spot any
potential issues with Mehdi's plan?  Are there cases where it won't
work?

-- Sanjoy