[llvm-dev] [RFC] One or many git repositories?

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 21 14:45:59 PDT 2016

On 21 July 2016 at 22:33, Robinson, Paul <paul.robinson at sony.com> wrote:
> When building *your* toolchain...

I know... :)

> If we should change our minds later we can opt-in to anything else we
> want (libcxx etc, lld? lldb? who knows) but in the meantime they are
> unnecessary baggage for my purposes.

I really see no way of doing this without bikeshedding, other than do
what Mehdi suggested and put all non-dying projects.

Cloning the first repo could be bad, especially for some of our
boards, so I won't propose it myself. Setting up NFS is rarely an
option (support, stability), so we will suffer for including lld,
lldb, etc. I'd prefer to see them out.

Since I'm not the one trying to reach consensus in this thread, I'll
just state what would be best for me and let Justin collect the
opinions. :)

I'm honestly fine with whatever decision, as we can usually work
around the problems, and it's probably cheaper than to bikeshed to
death.

cheers,
--renato