[llvm-dev] [LLVM/Clang v3.8.1] Missing Git branches/tags and source-tarballs?

Sedat Dilek via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 20 03:03:10 PDT 2016

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 2:39 PM, Daniel Sanders
<Daniel.Sanders at imgtec.com> wrote:
>> I compared all my selfmade source-tarballs with the official ones.
>> compiler-rt seems to get some updates (MIPS msan sanityzer) after
>> tagging, maybe that's the reason for the delay?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> - Sedat -
>
> The official tarball, the final tag, and the branch all have identical contents. llvm-branch-commits did receive some commit emails after the tag but their revision numbers are less than the revision that was tagged (r273407). I think the mailing list just delivered the emails late.

OK.

I am playing now with the optimization and speedup builds of a
selfmade llvm-toolchain.

In a 2nd build I could build a LLVMgold plugin (before I built a
binutils v2.26.1 and used all ar|nm|ld.bfd|ld.gold, placed LLVMgold.so
into /path/to/binutils/lib/bfd-plugins/ - with binutils v2.22 shipped
with Ubuntu/precise I could not build a LLVMgold.so).

My 3rd build with backported lto-flag from LLVM v3.9 is still running,
so this will be LTO-optimized.

Let's see PGO, optimized-TableGen and split-DWARF in my 4th build.

- sed@ -