[llvm-dev] [RFC] Make Lanai backend non-experimental

Jacques Pienaar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 18 20:53:00 PDT 2016

Dear LLVM community,

We wanted to discuss the possibility of moving the Lanai backend from an
experimental status to a regular backend. During the initial upstreaming of
the Lanai backend (llvm-dev thread "[RFC] Lanai backend",
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2016-February/095118.html) it was
discussed that we could move out of experimental status after a few months
of successful life within LLVM.

The Lanai backend is actively maintained, it has an official ELF number
assigned; we fix bugs and keep improving it. Therefore, we think the
buildbots should build it. We are OK with changes being submitted as long
as they don't break the codegen tests - we'll examine the effects on
runtime internally and will send out patches to fix things if problems
occur.

Best regards,

Jacques & Lanai compiler dev team