[llvm-dev] Suggestion to Stop Cross Posting Discussions

Bruce Hoult via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 11 04:17:15 PDT 2016

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 11:10 AM, David Chisnall via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Alex’s LLVM Weekly is currently the closest thing that we have to a
> solution to the latter one, but it’s unidirectional.  It’s good as a ‘heads
> up, this is happening in LLVM land’, but it doesn’t give people a good way
> to say ‘actually, as a downstream consumer this will hurt us a lot, is
> there an alternative?’

Why? Each item already includes links to the archive of the relevant
mailing list discussion. Anyone interested can read the discussion and send
mail to either a particular participant, or join the appropriate list (or
start reading whatever mailbox they already send it to, unread).