[llvm-dev] Is there a reason why MCAsmStreamer class doesn't have its own .h file?

Rail Shafigulin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 21 16:29:50 PST 2016

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 4:04 PM, Craig Topper <craig.topper at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Isn't it also marked 'final' so it can't be inherited from anyway? What's
> your need to inherit from it?
> --
> ~Craig

Oops, missed the final part. I need to change the alignment. For my target
it is sort of independent of the data layout. I was going to overwrite
void MCAsmStreamer::EmitValueToAlignment(unsigned ByteAlignment, int64_t
Value, unsigned ValueSize, unsigned MaxBytesToEmit).

What is the reason it was made final? Why not to separate this class into
its own module?
--
Rail Shafigulin
Software Engineer