[llvm-dev] High memory use and LVI/Correlated Value Propagation

Hal Finkel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 14 10:32:31 PST 2016

----- Original Message -----

What is the height of the lattice here? I understand that it goes from top -> defined -> overdefined, and that's three, but defined is not itself one state. Because it is tracking integer ranges, those ranges could undergo 2^#bits refinements in the worst case (thus making the lattice height quite large), no?

Thanks again,
Hal

> CVP as currently implemented tries to be very lazy. The cost of being
> very lazy is that it has a worse theoretical complexity in the worst
> case, but is faster in cases there is not a lot to do.

Hal Finkel
Assistant Computational Scientist
Leadership Computing Facility
Argonne National Laboratory