[llvm-dev] RFC: Move the test-suite LLVM project to GitHub?

Joachim Durchholz via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 24 23:36:40 PST 2016

Am 25.02.2016 um 03:25 schrieb Chandler Carruth:
> I just want to clarify in case anyone is confused: I am in no way
> suggesting that we would use pull requests, issues, or anything else as
> part of the workflow for the test suite. I'm fine if folks want to talk
> about that later, but I really view it as a separate discussion.

Hm... then I guess I am confused about that "because I'd like to see how
well (or rather, how poorly) a service like GitHub actually works for
the project" bit.
If the definition of "works well" is "service availability for uploads
and downloads with reasonable data speed is at least 99.99%", then any
git hosting service that I have ever seen will work. This means
BitBucket, GitLab, and GitHub, though I'd expect any other git hoster to
work just as well, connectivity and throughput are the basics.

Regards,
Jo