[llvm-dev] RFC: Move the test-suite LLVM project to GitHub?

Chandler Carruth via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 24 18:25:46 PST 2016

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 2:01 PM Joachim Durchholz via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Am 24.02.2016 um 21:57 schrieb Chandler Carruth via llvm-dev:
> > For all of these reasons, and also because I'd like to see how well (or
> > rather, how poorly) a service like GitHub actually works for the project,
> > it seems like splitting the test-suite out of the current subversion
> > repository and moving it there is the right call.
>
> My experience from a few years of contributing and a bit of project setup:

All of the stuff you mentioned is really great to know.

I just want to clarify in case anyone is confused: I am in no way
suggesting that we would use pull requests, issues, or anything else as
part of the workflow for the test suite. I'm fine if folks want to talk
about that later, but I really view it as a separate discussion. I'm much
more interested in just leveraging the managed *hosting* of the repository.