[llvm-dev] [RFC] AAP Backend

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 26 08:48:52 PDT 2016

On 26 August 2016 at 16:36, Mehdi Amini via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> I think Alex’s point is that there needs to be a sufficient user base or a sufficient commitment of maintenance to warrant the burden of the backend on the community.

I don't think there is.

Can you quantify Lanai's customers? Is there a community behind it?
Last I check it was only Google, and there were "in the process of"
upstreaming their emulator.

I don't see the difference. And if the maintainers can cope with the
load during the 3 months cool down period, what's the difference?

cheers,
--renato