[llvm-dev] [RFC] AAP Backend

Mehdi Amini via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 26 08:36:32 PDT 2016

Hi Ed,

> On Aug 25, 2016, at 1:10 AM, Ed Jones via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> As it stands, the active customers for this target are the out-of-tree
> backends which we are working on which can't be submitted for inclusion
> into LLVM.

I don’t feel you really answered Alex's question which was “can you *quantify* the *active* customers for this target?”.
I understand that there are out-of-tree backends, but the question is about who will use/develop/maintain this backend upstream in LLVM?  And is there already an open-source community around this backend somewhere?

I think Alex’s point is that there needs to be a sufficient user base or a sufficient commitment of maintenance to warrant the burden of the backend on the community.

—
Mehdi