[llvm-dev] [RFC] RISC-V backend

Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 18 06:32:51 PDT 2016

On 18 August 2016 at 00:08, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org> wrote:
> On 17 August 2016 at 10:14, Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev
>> * Codegen
>> * Compressed instruction set support (RVC)
>> * Benchmarking and comparison to GCC RISC-V (and potentially other archs)
>
> What about buildbots?
>
> I'm assuming "check-all" would be enough for now, but you'll have to
> have at least one buildbot that builds the back-end (which for now
> will be experimental, and will need an additional CMake flag).
>
> But in the long run, you'll want to run the test-suite, even if on a
> simulator, and who knows, maybe even self-host Clang in your target!

Good question, I didn't mention buildbots in this RFC as from a quick
look at http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders it didn't look like
early-stage architecture ports tend to have one, and as you say
check-all should be be enough initially. I'm sure that we (i.e.
lowRISC CIC) can support an additional buildbot when appropriate. Is
there any recommendation on minimum specification? At what point do
you think providing an extra buildbot would become a priority? If any
additional value can be provided by doing so I'd definitely like to
have a buildbot before RISC-V becomes an 'official' rather than
'experimental' arch.

Best,

Alex